Saturday, December 16, 2006

Creepy

I know that sex sells, even in computer software (or perhaps especially in), but somehow, A "rape simulator" in SecondLife seems about as ugly as you can get.

I like to think I'm fairly open minded, and while I don't care much for the excessive violence in various FPS shooter games, this particular twist on things is going a little beyond what I'm willing to consider as acceptable. Rape is vile - period. Videogame simulations of it are, in my view, just as repulsive.

What bent little minds came up with these games is beyond my meagre ability to understand. Frankly, I think the lot of them should be rounded up and introduced face to face with the horrors that they are basing their virtual fantasies on.

If nothing else, this is a good reason for Canada NOT to dismantle agencies like Status of Women, which if nothing else attempt to measure and track how society is dealing with equality. (and no, there is no equality in rape - it's purely a male power thing, and repulsive as hell - even when fictionalized)

No comments:

Trans Athletes ...

So, wayyyy back in 2021, I wrote a piece pointing out that a lot of the arguments about whether transgender athletes (and particularly trans...