Thursday, January 19, 2006

Get this man a seat!

I want to see Michael Ignatieff in the House of Commons. I've always admired his ability to articulate his reasoning - even when I strongly disagree with the conclusions he draws. Over here, a reporter refers to Ignatieff's response at an All Candidates forum as "eloquent".

I don't think I've heard a single politician's speeches described as eloquent since Pierre Trudeau and Peter Lougheed retired. (Possibly Ed Broadbent - he's no slouch either) But those were men of a different era. Even if the Liberals get their asses kicked this election - I _want_ Ignatieff to win his seat.

Books of his that I remember reading:
The Lesser Evil - Political Ethics in an Age of Terror
The Rights Revolution

It was The Rights Revolution that really turned me onto Ignatieff in the first place. It's a beautifully crafted series of essays/lectures that are both interesting and intriguing.

If nothing else, he's intellectually head-and-shoulders above the right-wing rabble of the CPC these days. It would be enjoyable watching them squirm as their irrational reasoning is dissected and fed back to them.

No comments:

Collective Punishment

Ever since Pierre Poilievre opened his mouth and declared that Trans Women need to be banned from washrooms and locker rooms , there's b...