Monday, November 07, 2005

Grrralph! - The return of the grump

I opened my front door to retrieve my mail this morning, only to find that the Alberta Government's latest waste of my time and money.

Folded in amongst the assorted admail that is the bulk of what Canada Post seems to deliver to my door these days, I found a shiny, full color brochure extolling the virtues of Ralph's non-plan for wasting the Alberta Government's surplus.

Of course, the geniuses in Edmonton are busy extolling how they've increased spending on Education and Health Care since 1997. Of course, this merely conceals the fact that all they've done is restore things to the levels they were at prior to starting the blind cutbacks of the late 1980's and early '90s.

I've ranted before at how I disagree with King Ralph's use of government surplus monies. Today, I what I received was confirmation of my suspicions. The government went all out on this thing - it's a full process colour job done on a fairly heavy weight gloss paper. This isn't cheap work people. If the Government needs to spend money like that to convince me that it's doing the "right thing" with our money, then they aren't doing "the right thing". A good idea needs no selling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind - they are not trying to "educate", they are "selling" their flavour of politics.... using our tax dollars to do it.

What else could they spend money on? Schools? Health Care? or... Ralphs ego?

Trans Athletes ...

So, wayyyy back in 2021, I wrote a piece pointing out that a lot of the arguments about whether transgender athletes (and particularly trans...