Friday, October 29, 2004

I can't believe it...

I wonder if it's possible to sue our politicians for medical damages that result from their colossal stupdity. This morning, I'm driving up to the University for a course, and the 6:30 news comes on.

The lead item on the news is more from King Ralph about AISH. I'm sure that my blood pressure went from a nice, normal 120/80 type of number to 220/??? in 10 seconds or less - that can't be good.

Says Ralph to his audience in Grande Prairie:

"I'm sure none of you want to talk to me about AISH, do you? No, because you're normal," Klein then told the crowd. "Severely normal people."
I'm past being just a tad angry with Ralph - now I'm just furious. The arrogance and insensitivity of this buffoon are insulting to my intelligence as a thinking human being.

He then turns around with reporters after his Grande Prairie speech and says "he's had enough of the issue":

Afterwards, he said he's had enough of the issue. "I'm not about to subject myself to providing 15-second sound bites," Klein said.
This voter has had enough of the issue too - enough to know that there is no way short of coercion that I will vote Tory this provincial election.

There are two key reasons for this in my mind:

1. Ralph has made a colossal blunder that is both mean-spirited and reprehensible.

2. Ralph has once again proven that he has no desire whatsoever to deal with his own mistakes. Storming off when you are confronted with something like this is ridiculous and insulting to the public.

It's time to fire Ralph!

No comments:

Trans Athletes ...

So, wayyyy back in 2021, I wrote a piece pointing out that a lot of the arguments about whether transgender athletes (and particularly trans...